Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hunka, Hunka Burnin' Love

During the Holiday Break, we missed acknowledging the birthday of Elvis Presley, which reminds me of this story, which is completely true:

In 1992, the United States Postal Service commemorated the birth of Elvis by featuring his likeness on a postage stamp, and allowed the American Public to choose which image would grace the stamp. The final choices were an image of Elvis as a young, rebellious, rocker/movie star, and an image of him as a Vegas-inspired, jumpsuit-clad, vicodin lover.



After a long voting process, young Elvis was chosen, and has since become one of the most popular stamps ever produced by the Postal Service. My on-air reaction to this was the following,
This week, the Postal Service announced that Young Elvis has won the nationwide vote,and will be appearing on stamps in the near future. Personally though, if I had to lick the backside of a Presley, I'd rather it be Lisa Marie.
When I got home that night, my mother told me that the joke was inappropriate. My father, on the other hand, thought it was very funny.